Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
EM EM is offline

Default How do I stop "global" hyperlinks changing to "local" links?

I am creating a series of spreadsheets which are used by multiple users on
different computers. When we create the links we use a "global" reference
referring to the server name:

\\server_name\Directory 1\Directory 2\document name.doc

However, once someone clicks on the link it defaults to a "local" link to
where they have mapped the drive, eg.

......\Directory%202\document%20name.doc

This means that if the document is save the link dose not work from another
computer.

How do you stop excel chanding the hyperlink you insert?