Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Brettjg Brettjg is offline

Default Naming a cell from VB

Hello there, I want to set up a procedure to insert somes names into a
workbook that refer to another workbook (because the formulas in Excel get
WAY too long otherwise) and am using the following code (which of course does
not work):

ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="dens", _
RefersToR1C1:="=[Tbl.cost.xls]tbl.cost!R" & namerow & "C" & namecol

IT'S THE "RefersTo" THAT IT DOES NOT LIKE.

The following code is what I get from recording a macro, but I can't use it
because the cell locations may change from time to time:
ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="tbl.cost", _
RefersToR1C1:="=[Tbl.cost.xls]tbl.cost!R3C2:R228C63"

Can someone steer me in the right direction please? Regards, Brett