Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
bronxbabe bronxbabe is offline

Default Creating Bar Chart

I'm trying to create a bar chart with data from companies that spanning an
entire year, but displaying sales for each week. The sales data shows data
for 1/1, then 1/2-1/8, 1/9-1/15, 1/16-1/22, etc... I created the chart using
the wizard, used data from a sheet and all bars are created, but displaying
each bar as 1-53 (meaning wk 1-53) because I left the default primary axis,
category (x) axis at auto. My problem begins when i change that option from
automatic to time-scale. The chart at that point still looks the same, but
when I try to edit the Category Axis, the default scale is
1/1/1900-2/22/1900; major 1 day; minor 1 day. When i change the maximum to
12/31 and change major unit at 7 days, it won't take it. it defaults back to
2/22/1900. is there a limit here?

thanks in advance