Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pm pm is offline

Default VLookup Formula

I changed my formula as per below results are not found, but vendor names
match:
=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(+'COST EXPENDED'!C2,Vendors!A$2:C$320,3,FALSE)),"not
Found",(VLOOKUP('COST EXPENDED'!C2,A$2:C$320,3,FALSE)))

On vendor sheet column A is vendor number, B is vendor Name, and Column C is
Vendor Location.......

"Sheeloo" wrote:

First replace B$2:B$320 in your formula with B$2:D$320 at both places and see
if works. If not then try
(Assumption: B is the column to match on and D contains the location,
'COSTEXPENDED'!C4 contains the value to find the location for)

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP('COSTEXPENDED'!C4,Vendors!B:D,3,F ALSE)),"Not Found",
VLOOKUP('COSTEXPENDED'!C4,Vendors!B:D,3,FALSE))

This will give you the location if found else will say "Not Found"

In your formula

"pm" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with two sheets - a vendor sheet, listing the vendor
number, name and location, and a cost expended sheet including date, vendor
name, dollar amt, etc. I've created a vlookup formula to match the vendor
names from both sheets and give me the location in column 3 on the vendor
sheet, but I'm not getting the results I expect #N/A. Here's my formula:

=IF(VLOOKUP(+'COST
EXPENDED'!C4,Vendors!B$2:B$320,3,FALSE)=0,"",(VLOO KUP('COST
EXPENDED'!C4,B$2:B$320,3,FALSE)))

Thanks for your help!