Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
hdf hdf is offline

Default Can you subtotal data in rows?

Spiky,
No the Subtotal function has not changed in Excel 2007, it still
doesn't handle horizontal ranges (for the life of me I can't figure
out why they don't have this option).

Thanks for the suggestions, I don't have a problem with the manual
calc since the spreadsheet is set up that way anyway. I will look for
the external UDF and see if that works - otherwise, and unless someone
comes up with a better solution, I may just find myself having to
create an additional table where I transpose the data to a vertical
orientation and use Subtotal and then bring the value back to the
horizontal table. Rather a long way around what should be a fairly
easy problem to solve.

Your other suggestion using CELL is no-go, too many columns (over 50).

Again, thanks.