Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Harald Staff[_2_] Harald Staff[_2_] is offline

Default Five plus mintues to execute

Every time you change a cell value, the whole workbook recalculates.
I'd need to know what the code is supposed to do and why, to suggest
something.

Best wishes Harald

"CB" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me why this piece of code is taking over five minutes to
execute. I actually don't know the total time it takes because I keep
giving
up after waiting about five minutes...

For Each cell In Range("B7:K500")
Do While Left(cell.Value, 1) = ","
cell.Value = Right(cell.Value, Len(cell.Value) - 1)
Loop
Next

If anyone could tell me a more efficient way to write the code I would
appreciate it. This is a small part of a larger macro that I would like to
run in under one minute.

Thanks