Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JLatham JLatham is offline

Default Display only duplicate values and delete UNIQUE Items

If you can put up with using a helper column you won't need VBA to do this,
just a formula and Filtering.

Assume your data goes from row 1 to row 298 and that the data that can be
duplicated is in column C. In a helper column, put this formula in a cel in
row 1:
=IF(COUNTIF(C$1:C$298,C1)1,1,0)
Fill the formula down to the end of the data at row 298. That will put a 1
into the helper column for all entries that have multiple entries
(duplicates) in column C. Unique entries will have a 0 in the helper column.
Then just apply data filtering to the helper column and by choosing to view
cells with 1 you'll display only the duplicated entries.

Hope this helps some.

"WYMMIY" wrote:

All

I have a very large list of data and on a monthly basis i need to
display only the duplicate items in a spreadsheet. I would like to do
this in VBA and then run it as a macro on the spreadsheet. Alot of
the sites that i have seen only show how to removed the duplicates.
Excel 2007 has a function which removed all duplicates but so far i
have found nothing that only displays the duplciates.... any ideas
anyone?