Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SteW SteW is offline

Default Insertion of a cell address that constantly rises by a set num

this is not work, this is to keep my brain working.

I'LL TRY THIS AND LET YOU KNOW

THANKS!!

"Sandy Mann" wrote:

If by *Adjacent* you mean next cell down then with the *starting* formula

=Sheet1!I318

in A5 then in A6 use:

=OFFSET(Sheet1!$I$318,103*(ROW()-ROW($A$5)),0)

and copy down.

If by *adjacent* you mean next cell to the right then use COLUMN() in place
of ROW() and adjust as necessary.

Stew
On a Island of the coast of Scotland

And you're working on a SUNDAY????? <G

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"stew" wrote in message
iF i DO THAT AND PASTE TO ADJACENT CELL IT BECOMES

='Road Cash Accounting'!J318. i NEED IT TO INCREASE BY 103 EVERY TIME
I.E.='Road Cash Accounting'!I421
='Road Cash Accounting'!I524
='Road Cash Accounting'!I627

Stew
On a Island of the coast of Scotland
Scotland

"Sandy Mann" wrote:

Don't use Cut use Copy and the reference should change automatically.

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"stew" wrote in message
Dear Ken,

I am not explaining my self enough

='Road Cash Accounting'!I318
in this formula, when I cut and paste, the I318 SHOULD BECOME I421.

What if anything can I add to this Formula to achieve that.

Thanks
Stew

"Ken Johnson" wrote:

On Aug 24, 8:50 pm, stew wrote:
I have a large spread sheet I am working on and I wish to increase
cell
address by 103 every time
ie
=L103,= L206,=L309 ETC

Is there a formula that will increase this address

thank you

Maybe...
=IF(INDIRECT("L"&103*ROWS($1:1))="","",INDIRECT("L "&103*ROWS($1:1)))

Ken Jhnson