Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
kboehringer kboehringer is offline

Default Return to my previous version of Excel. HATE RIBBON!!!

Gentlemen,

Thank you very much for the responses. I didn't realize the interface was
SO different in the new version. I purchased Home & Student (3-License) for
my daughter's new computer. I figured I'd upgrade my desktop since I had a
couple extra "Free" upgrades.

Unfortunately, I have some serious deadlines on some big projects and can't
make any progress seaching all over for items I use to be able to find in a
fraction of a second. I'm going to go hunting around my desk & files for
the original software disks and serial codes from my original Excel
version(s). Once found, I'll just remove this new version and re-install
my original. Obviously, there are others like me that don't care for it,
enough so that add-ins (or extensions) are being created to circumvent the
new and "Improved" features

I hold a MOUS Expert Certificate in EVERY MSOffice Application (Earlier
Versions) and I sure wish Microsoft had provided a "Classic Look" option.

Thank you again very much....
Sincerely,
Kurt Boehringer

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi kboehringer

I absolutely hate this new "RIBBON" in Excel '07. I am (or was) an
extremely proficient and speedy user of Excel. This RIBBON is horrible and I
don't have the time or interest in learning to navigate around this RIBBON.

Why do you upgrade ?
The ribbon is the result form all feedback MS received and it is not bad at all.

I understand from the help file there is no way to remove the ribbon or
display in a "Classic" format. Is there an easy way to "CONVERT BACK" to
my previous version of Excel?

Only with a third party add-in
But my advise is not to use a add-in like this.

Maybe this page will help you to find the commands
http://www.rondebruin.nl/0307commands.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm