Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mark Barnard Mark Barnard is offline

Default How do I auto complete a cell with text from another worksheet?

I have a long list of names and associated data contained in one worksheet.

On another worksheet, I have created a form that loads the pertinent data
associated with each name. I only use a few names from that long list at a
time.

My question: On the worksheet that contains my form, I want to auto
complete the cell containing the person's name.

For example: my "names" worksheet contains the names "Smith", "Jones" and
"Brown".

When I am working with the worksheet that contains my form, as I start to
type in "Smith", I want the cell to auto complete the name in the cell from
the list of names in my "names" worksheet.

Any ideas would be helpful. Thank you!

Mark Barnard