Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sandesh Sandesh is offline

Default COUNTIF - Condition

Hi, John & Sheelo,
Thanks for your support, but it seems I have not been able to explain my
problem.
I have data from A1 to F1 as shown in the example. Rest of the rows(A2:F2
and A3: F3) are all blank and do not contain any value and are irrelevant to
the example I have mentioned. They have just been shown there for reference.

I would like to count only the number of cells in row A1: F1 with the
criteria I have mentioned in my earlier example.

"Sheeloo" wrote:

To add to John's solution, I think what you need is
=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:E10=""),--(B2:F10="w"))

"John C" wrote:

Try sumproduct:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:E10=""),--(B2:F10<""))

assuming you have date from cols A-F and rows 2-10
--
John C

"Sandesh" wrote:

Hi,
I would like to know how I can count only those number of cells in a row
with a particular value which have their adjacent cell on the left without
any value
Example
A B C D E F
1 w 0 w W
2
3
The answer to above should return value of 2