Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default XLA File

If you are just talking about changing the code, you can do that in the
VBIDE, and then save it there.

If you change the IsAddin property, what is the point. IsAddin = False -
what does that suggest to you?

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Access101" wrote in message
I must be misunderstanding this response.

Because my understanding is that unless every programmer were perfect,
they
would at some point have a need to go back into the XLA and fix a bug.

However, setting the IsAddin Property to False solved the issue.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

The whole point of an XLA is that it is a code file, not a data
spreadsheet,
so it gets hidden and you shouldn't be making changes to it. You don't
really want an XLA

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Access101" wrote in message
I've created an XLA file and saved it to the add in directory so that
it
appears in the Add In list, and I can check it or uncheck it.

I can also close XL, then click directly on the XLA file, which opens
up
XL,
but I cannot see XLA file name on the title bar, only Book1. And tit's
not
in the Windows menu either. However, it shows up in teh VBE Alt 11.

How do I open up the XLA file itself so I can end up making changes and
SAVING it?

Any help is appreciated.