Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Wh0079 Wh0079 is offline

Default Reference the last cell in a column

OK folks, I guess I am not quite there yet. I am sure the answer I need is
contained in once (if not all) of your three answers however, since I am a
relative novice with writing formulas, I still am getting #values! in each of
the three solutions attempted.
Let me see if I can be a bit more descriptive in the problem I am trying to
solve...

If I have the following data in one sheet...

Sheet 2

COLUMN

A B C D E F G H I
ROW
1 Balance
2 Vacation Sick Floater
3 107.00 582.23 0.00
4 123.67 588.90 0.00
5
6
7

The row numbers indicate months (3=July, 4=August, etc.)
I have set something up on (let's say sheet 6) to where, I have a summary of
hours worked, including OT, sick if used, etc.
I thought it might be nice if I went ahead and included the vacation and
sick balances in this slip of paper I give my people but of course the data
that just needs to be captured (nothing else, however in the cells that need
capturing, they are formula cells as well so I just want to capture the
values from those cells)

Now (of course) if the rows are representing months, that would represent
the range to which I want the last row's cell captured

Any additional tips or if any one of the formulas you guys provided could be
further broken down for us slow people would be appreciated very much!

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Is it always the same column and can there be any black cells in-between?

If there can be no empty cells within the range and it is the same column
you can simply use

=INDEX(Sheet2!A:A,COUNTA(Sheet2!A:A))

if there can be empty cells and it is a number you can use

=LOOKUP(99^99,Sheet2!A:A)

if number or test

=LOOKUP(2,1/(Sheet2!A1:A50000<""),Sheet2!A1:A50000)

Peo Sjoblom

"Wh0079" wrote in message
Hello.
I am looking to reference the last cell that contains data from one sheet
onto another sheet in my workbook. The issue I am having with this is that
this cell will change (however I can limit the reference to a specific
range).
Is there a way to dynamically reference a range of cells without having to