Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Wh0079 Wh0079 is offline

Default Reference the last cell in a column

Wow guys.
Thanks!
I sent the question just before I left yesterday and have been doing other
tasks but I am about to try your suggestions. I will let you know which seems
to work the best but thanks to all three for the suggestions!

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Is it always the same column and can there be any black cells in-between?

If there can be no empty cells within the range and it is the same column
you can simply use

=INDEX(Sheet2!A:A,COUNTA(Sheet2!A:A))

if there can be empty cells and it is a number you can use

=LOOKUP(99^99,Sheet2!A:A)

if number or test

=LOOKUP(2,1/(Sheet2!A1:A50000<""),Sheet2!A1:A50000)

Peo Sjoblom

"Wh0079" wrote in message
Hello.
I am looking to reference the last cell that contains data from one sheet
onto another sheet in my workbook. The issue I am having with this is that
this cell will change (however I can limit the reference to a specific
range).
Is there a way to dynamically reference a range of cells without having to