Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default Negative Number Display -- need Brackets

General interest... Is that a global change which changes all of the default
number formats or does it only affect the accounting format...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

If you want the ()'s to show up for negative numbers in the format|cells|number
tab, you'll have to change a windows setting.

Windows start button|control panel
regional and language options
regional options tab
click the customize button
currency tab
change the negative currency format to show ()'s.

Rinke Gill wrote:

I would like my negative numbers in Excel to display in brackets. This is
what the "accounting" category under "format cells" allowed us to do in the
2003 version. I cannot find a way to do this under any of the category
options in "format cells". It is driving me nuts, please help if anyone knows!

If there is no such option, please update excel 2007 to include this. It is
very important to have this function for us accountants!
--
Rinke

--

Dave Peterson