Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Curtis Stevens Curtis Stevens is offline

Default Extracting Data

Sorry, the other part came to me once I started to try the first suggestion.

Remember, when you post a question, you should post your entire question, and
not have constant follow-ups. Also, when reading responses, you should be
aware that some people are answering the same question, and not necessarily
reading (or even seeing) your follow-up questions.
Assuming your data is in the form of #### Street name, and this is in A1:
B1: =LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1,1)-1)
C1: =RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND(" ",A1,1))
--
John C

"Curtis Stevens" wrote:

What would be the formula to separate the street portion then, so I can have
both in separate boxes, this strips it & puts the numbers in a new field, but
the original field still has the number & street name & not just street name.

Assuming that he Number portion of the address is followed by a space, the
following function will do the trick. Change cell A1 accordingly.:

=LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1,1)-1)
--
Kevin Backmann

"Curtis Stevens" wrote:

If you have addresses in a field, how can you extra the number portion of the
address & put it into a separate field/box?