JulieD

Hi

not sure exactly what you mean, but formulas can be copied & pasted or
filled (move cursor over bottom right corner of the cell and you'll see a
little +, hold down left mouse and drag down the column to "fill the formula
down" - let mouse go)... alternatively, if you mean you are typing in
C1 = A1-B1 and then in F1 = D1-E1 etc another alternative is to select all
the cells you want to type in, using the CONTROL key and then (without
clicking anywhere) type your first formula and then use CONTROL & ENTER to
fill the formula into all selected cells.

--
Cheers
JulieD
"nitenurse" wrote in message
Sort of going through all 140 rows and typing the formula individually,
how
do I get data from two columns to average, or find diferences. I know how
do it manually but surely there is an easier way. The books all show how
work with columns but how do you work with multiple columns?