JimmyDew

Sorry, Gord, but I didn't make myself clear. I did mention the Ctrl-End
method, but what I meant by that was all my worksheets were OK using either
method, the Ctrl-End or selecting the rows and columns, and deleting them.
It wasn't, apparently, the "Used Range" that was the problem, and I've given
up on figuring out what exactly was causing my problem, and concentrated on
getting it to work.

The end to my story was pretty simple, actually. I isolated the two sheets
(there are 23 sheets in this workbook) causing this "bloat", deleted them,
and re-made them. Problem solved! I went from 450K on original file, to
1.2Mb over a period of time (file kept getting bigger), now back to 450K.

I am still curious what caused the problem (one of the sheets was just a
simple "copy from internet page and paste into worksheet" job, but after
spending a few hours on it I've decided the time spent just wasn't worth it.
Thanks for the thoughts, anyway.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Jimmy

Most effective method of re-setting the used range is to select all the rows
below your real range.

Select row header below last data row.

SHIFT + END + DownArrow

EditDeleteEntire Row. DO NOT just Clear Contents.

Do same for columns to the right of your data.

This must be done for each worksheet in the workbook.

Save and Close then re-open.