Ali

Default Pivot Table Calculated Field- Help

Hi,

I have a pivot table that is coming from a simple spreadsheet with following
columns:

Name, Credits - Where name is the name of an individual, and credit is the
credit amount they have. I want to add a calculated column on the pivot,
that has a value of "Allow" or "Deny" depending upon credit. So, if, Credit
< 5, the value of the calculated field should be Deny, else it shoudl be
Allow.

I tried using the If statement, but it doesn't seem to work for me when I
use string values. Is there a way for this to be done?

Will appreciate any help on this.

Thank you,

Ali