Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
clivert clivert is offline

Default Numbers

Thanks Sheelo.

Tried option 1. Pasted column of #s into notepad and they aligned to the
very left. when I clicked on the RHS of the numbers the cursur was offset to
the right by one push of the 'backspace' button. Hit backspace beside every
number and pasted back in and it worked. Nice one.

"Sheeloo" wrote:

You probably got the values in text format.

There are a few options;
1. Paste it first into a text editor like Notepad and then remove spaces etc.
2. You can also try entering 1 in any blank cell, Copy it and the select the
range where you have already pasted the values, right click, choose Paste
Special, click on Multiply and hit OK.

Let me know if solves your problem.
Otherwise paste a few rows here so that I can analyze further.
"clivert" wrote:

I copied a range of numbers into excel from the internet. When I try to
'Autosum' them they will not add. I also cannot format them e.g can't change
them to a currency or change the number of decimal places of any number in a
cell.