Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
KimC KimC is offline

Default Pivot Tables - and entering data corresponding to that row

Thankyou, that did answer my question. I thought that might be the answer I
was hoping it wasnt.

Thankyou again

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

Pivot tables are great, but you can not enter info into them directly. You
need to enter info into the source data of the pivot table and then refresh
the table.

You can put formulas and such in cells next to or below the pivot table but
as if the pivot table expands in size it may overwrite your formulas. It will
ask you first but it does not insert columns or rows, it just overwrites...

Not sure if that answers your question but the question is a littel vague...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"KimC" wrote:

I'm very very new to pivot tables - and i was wondering if it is possible to
have an empty cell next to the information that I can enter stuff in to
correspond with the item showing.