Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
scott scott is offline

Default Formula Help

That doesn't seem to be working either. I can calculate the totals that I'm
looking for without specifying a date, but I want to track by a date.

"Glenn" wrote:

Scott wrote:
Let me clarify a little more about what I'm trying to achieve. In a
workbook, I have a worksheet with a table of data. On a seperate worksheet
in the workbook, I want to create a report analyzing the data. For instance,
in the worksheet I have data broken down like this:

"Date" "Account #" "Error Message1"
1/1/2008 12345678 Failed
1/1/2008 87654321 Failed
1/2/2008 12345678 Failed
1/3/2008 12345678 Passed

I want to create a report that will count the total number of "Failed"
1/3/2008, etc. With the number and types of errors on each specified date.

Try a Pivot Table with Date and Account # as a Row Fields, Error Message1 as
Column Field and Data Item.