Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JulesB JulesB is offline

Default how can I conditionally format a cell based on the value in a

Thank you! That totally worked!

Jules

"David Biddulph" wrote:

CF/ Formula Is/
=AND(E2="Yes",F2="No",G2="No")
--
David Biddulph

"JulesB" wrote in message
Hi Folks,

Wondering if you could help me out. I'm trying to do something similar, I
think.

I've got an Excel spreadsheet that has several columns of Yes/No Data (E,
F,
and G). Basically, if the answers in F and G are both no, and the answer
in
E is Yes, I want the formatting of the E cell to be different. How would
change the function described earlier, or can I to do what I'm trying to
do?

Any help would be awesome!
Thanks,

Jules

"Conan Kelly" wrote:

aquigley,

When you say:

The other values that are entered are variations of
"Outside".

That means what exactly? Do they all start with the word "Outside"?

If so, you could do something like this:

(Assuming conditional formatting data is in B2:B25)
1. Select the data (B2:B25)
2. Open Conditional Formatting (FormatConditional Fomatting...)
3. Change the "Cell Value Is" drop down box to "Formula Is"
4. Enter this formula (w/o the qotes): "=left(B2,7)="Outside""
5. Set formatting properties to your desire.

If "variations of 'Outside'" is something different than my assumption,
let
me know and we can adjust it to get it to work.

HTH,

Conan

"aquigley" wrote in message
How can I conditionally format a cell based on the value in a different
cell.

I have two columns of information. None of the information in the cells
am
trying to format is numeric. I am trying to track names to loans that
are
with the company. If they wrote outside, I need to keep track of which
other
company it was written with.

The First column currently has a conditional format to highlight the
cell
if
the value is = "Home". The other values that are entered are variations
of
"Outside". I have to keep the variations as they are, in order to track
which
loans went with which other company.

The second column has the borrowers name. I need this column to
highlight
the cells if the loan was written outside.

So if the cell is highlighted in column A, it should not be highlighted
in
the column B.
And Vice versa.