Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_1155_] Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_1155_] is offline

Default number and text in cell for formula

This function call will pull out the leading number from a cell...

LOOKUP(9.9E+307,--LEFT(A1,ROW($1:$99)))

It returns a #N/A error if there is no number in the cell, so you may want
to wrap it in an IF function call if that is a possibility.

Rick

"paulg" wrote in message
I would like to avoid using two cells to represent the following:
2017 TOTAL PPs. (all in one cell)
I would like to use only the number part of the cell contents in a
formula.
Can it be done?