Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
becder becder is offline

Default best way to referencing and updating cells

I am creating a teacher planner with two different formats (top down and
then, side-by-side) that each need identical event information on any given
day. For example, both need to reflect faculty meeting on the 7th and an
assembly on the 23rd. I only want to type the info once, and then let it
update on the other worksheet.

I don't think I've been doing it the best way because it's not updating.

This is what I am doing to try and get worksheet 2 to reference to worksheet
1 info. Worheet 1 is complete with information.

1. in worksheet 2 , say A3, type =
2. go to worksheet 1 and click B5, then press enter.
3. the info shows up in worksheet 2, cell A3 (with a little green triangle)

This is fine - so far. However, when I change something in worksheet 1, it
does not update worksheet 2. Could you please enlighten me as to the best way
to do this, or tell me what I'm doing wrong? I followed some info on another
post that sounded familiar in procedure, but alas, this is not working for me.

Thanks for your help. -becky