Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do you alphabetize street addresses within a column?

In the formulae below, replace A1 by your existing OFFSET formula.
--
David Biddulph

"DAP" wrote in message
I have the same issue, except the addresses and the street names are
referenced from another sheet using the offset command. How do I separate
the
numbers from the street names?

"Dave Curtis" wrote:

Hi,

An easy way is to create two new helper columns, one containing the
number,
the other containing the street name.
Assuming the numbers and names are in column A,then put

=--LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1,1)) in B1 and drag down.

Put

=RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND(" ",A1,1)) in C1 and drag down

Then sort on column C, making sure you expand the range to include column
and B in the range.

Dave

url:http://www.ureader.com/msg/104236262.aspx