Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
StumpedAgain StumpedAgain is offline

Default URGENT HELP NEEDED

My suggestion:
Write in a quick event macro that unlocks the specified range(s) for before
the workbook closes. Something like the following:

Range("B4:D12").Unprotect DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True,
Scenarios:=True

End Sub

This would go in the ThisWorkbook section of your VBE. Hope this helps!
--
-SA

"ah" wrote:

Hi;

Can someone help me urgently? I'm getting a lot of complaint from end user
stating that they are not be able to change the cell contents.

This is how it works:
a) Staff A will fill in the template and forward it to their supervisor for
approval
b) The supervisor might need to make some amendments when they found that
there are some mistakes with the form.
c) The supervisor claim that they are not be able to change the contents in
some of the cell

I performed a check and found that the cell properties has been changed to
"Locked" when it reaches the supervisor. For your information, I did not lock
the cell. In the event if it is locked, then the staff will not be able to
fill in the cell at the 1st place, as they don't have the password to
unprotect it.

I suspect the staff A is copying the data from another source and paste it
into the template when they performed the data entry.

Please advice:
How am i going to prevent the user from changing the cell properties from
"unlocked" to "Locked" even when they are copying the data from another
source?

Thanks in advance