Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
AKphidelt AKphidelt is offline

Default Converting data from every second to a new column

Alright, here is a process which can do what you want that doesn't require
the use of VBA.

You'll need to create two columns. Say that the data starts in A1. So in
cell B1 type in the formula

=IF(NOT(MOD(ROW(A1),2)=0),A1)

Then in cell C1 put in the formula

=IF(MOD(ROW(A1),2)=0,A1)

Now copy and paste those formulas down to the end of your data in column A

Then highlight columns B and C.

Hit CTRL + G, Then click on Special,
Now click on Formulas and uncheck "Numbers" and "Text", then select OK

Now right click on one of the highlighted values and select "Delete". Then
select the option to delete upwards.

Then copy and paste the values and you should be good.

"PRC" wrote:

Here's my problem:

I've got a dataset wherein every second row corresponds to the row
above it (i.e., I've only got one column).

I'd like to create two columns. Surely there must be a way to do this
using a macro or the OFFSET formula, but I haven't the faintest idea
of how to actually do it.

Help?