Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default How do I add data from cells in different worksheets?

If cells are randomly dispersed you are stuck with manually creating
formulas.

Is there any sort of pattern you can pick up on to make it easier?

Gord

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 09:40:15 -0700, Diana M <Diana
wrote:

Dear to whom it may concern,

How can I add values from 2 separate worksheets. The values are all located
in different cells on both sheets.

Thank you.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

If the totals on each worksheet are in the same cell you can set up a 3D
reference to them on one sheet.

=SUM(Sheet1:Sheet10!H34) where H34 on each sheet holds a total for a category
on that sheet.

If the cells are randomly placed on each sheet it becomes more difficult.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 12:43:01 -0800, BCC wrote:

I have created an Excel file with a worksheet for each month's expenses. I
would like to have a final worksheet to sum all the different categories.
How do I add cells from multiple worksheets?
Thanks!!