Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Noahthek Noahthek is offline

Default New Worksheets Macro

Thank you very much.

It worked reasonably well the first time, stopping after about 50 or 60
worksheets. But then it stopped and no matter how many times I try to
recreate it I get the same error.

This is the section that causes the problem:

TemplateWks.Copy After:=Worksheets(Worksheets.Count)

I receive a run time error 1004; Method 'Copy' of Object'_Worksheet' failed

Maybe there's something I'm missing. I'm relatively new to coding although I
do create simple macros from time to time.

To answer the person who asked if filtering would be an option: Sadly, no.
This report is tracking hours worked on specific projects and each project
needs a separate worksheet. There are about 500 of them.

Thanks,
Noah

Below is the full code:

Sub CreateNameSheets()
' by Dave Peterson
' List sheetnames required in col A in a sheet: MasterAttorney
' Sub will copy sheets based on the sheet named as: MasterMatter
' and name the sheets accordingly

Dim TemplateWks As Worksheet
Dim ListWks As Worksheet
Dim ListRng As Range
Dim myCell As Range

Set TemplateWks = Worksheets("MasterMatter")
Set ListWks = Worksheets("MasterAttorney")
With ListWks
Set ListRng = .Range("a7:a478", .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp))
End With

For Each myCell In ListRng.Cells
TemplateWks.Copy After:=Worksheets(Worksheets.Count)
On Error Resume Next
ActiveSheet.Name = myCell.Value
If Err.Number < 0 Then
MsgBox "Please fix: " & ActiveSheet.Name
Err.Clear
End If
On Error GoTo 0
Next myCell