Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
icsonu icsonu is offline

Default I want average to change as per the filter is added in the she

Thank You very Much for the Solution.
Regards,
icsonu

"Duke Carey" wrote:

Maybe the 101 is available only in 2007, but in XL2007 it limits the
operation to VISIBLE cells. If you want to SUM them, use 109 as the
parameter.

=SUBTOTAL(109,m5:m5292)

Look in the Help file - you'll see that there's a bunch of operations that
SUBTOTAL can handle

1 101 AVERAGE
2 102 COUNT
3 103 COUNTA
4 104 MAX
5 105 MIN
6 106 PRODUCT
7 107 STDEV
8 108 STDEVP
9 109 SUM
10 110 VAR
11 111 VARP

"icsonu" wrote:

That means
=SUBTOTAL(101, M5:M5292)

will SUM the visible rows.

and =SUBTOTAL(101, M5:M5292) will AVERAGE them.

And what is 101 in the subtotal option

"Duke Carey" wrote:

=subtotal(101,range)

That will calculate average over just the rows that are displayed - i.e, it
ignores hidden rows

"icsonu" wrote:

I have a Sheet in which i have 12 columns containing text Values, and 4
columns having numeric values. I have to calculate the average of the 4
columns of the numeric values. I want the average to be displayed as per I
add the filter to the 12 text values columns randomly. Can U help me out. I
am willing to send you the Sheet so you can have a better Idea.

Regards
icsonu