Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default How do I move deleted items to another spreadsheet?

My recommendation is to not remove the VIN numbers but rather to add fields
such as "paid off" that you can filter by. That way if someone tries to add a
duplicate VIN number you can use simple validation to indicate the error and
allow the uer to look up the exisitng VIN. Simple sorting and filtering
should take care of what you want to do. A better solution still might be to
use a database with the VIN number as the key but that is up to you...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Statesman" wrote:

I am tracking dealer inventory. Dealer will add & delete units almost daily.
I don't want to allow the possibility of a unit being paid off now, and then
in a few days, be added back on. Can I move deleted (paid off) items to a
place where I can keep the VIN numbers for comparison to current units being
added? I'm already checking my existing spreadsheet for duplications and I'm
also stopping with an error message if I try to add a new VIN that's already
on my sheet.