Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Irene Irene is offline

Default How do I set up a formula to add column a if column b = cell c

Hello there.

All very helpful, yet I can still not solve my problem, maybe you can help!

I am using VLOOKUP to create a list of furniture for a hospice, so on a tap
called Ref I have a list of codes, say chair1 followed by the descripting of
this chair, the size, the colour etc etc.... Then on a tap called Hospice I
have a list of every room, followed by a colunm where I enter the codes so
that the description automatically comes up via VLOOKUP. Adjacent to this
colunm I have another colunm where I enter the number of chairs etc
etc.....So far so good.....

Then on a third tap (called Sum) I want to create a summary, where each code
from the Hospice tap is found and the numbers next to it added up... So if
chair1 is in bedroom1 twice and the lounge four times, the sum will say 6....
How do I combine VLOOKUP and SUM?

If this is all very confusing then I can e-mail the file to you so you can
better see the problem.

Regards
Irene