Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ralph Ralph is offline

Default Open File menu sort alphabetical.

Thanks all that helped Celle. I have a simular problem. Up until recently
my files when I used the file open or browse dialogs, my entries were sorted
by name. Then I used the views and sorted by reverse order dates to try to
find a file and now everytime I use the dialog I have to go back into views
and changed to detail view and sort by name again.

Can anyone help me find where the system has stored this default. It's a
very annoying problem, so any help will surely be appreciated.

Ralph

"Jaleel" wrote:

Celle,

Go to File Open. In the Open box you can find your filenames and on top of
that a Name tab. Click that tab and toggle. When it comes A-Z mode, you
click cancel and close the box. Next time or at any time when you go to File
Open, it will be in the A-Z order.

Regards,

Jaleel

"Celle" wrote:

Using MS Office Professional Edition 2003.

In MS Excel and MS Word, when I want to open a file (File - Open) the OPEN
box has the folders and files sorted in reverse alphabetical order (Z to A).
How do I get them to sort in alphabetical order?

Until last week, the folders were sorted in alphabetical order and they have
suddenly changed to reverse alphabetical order without any input from me.