Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Buckie Buckie is offline

Default Formulas in drop down lists

Hey,
is it possible to include a formula in a drop down list and make the value
that appears in the drop down list dependent on de row/column your in.

To be more precise: I'm doing a study and have a list of people with
different birth dates. One column is "age". I can calculate this with the
formula =TODAY()-"Birth daye cell nr". Now, of course this is different for
each row (person). I want to make a drop down list with the options: Age
(calculated) - Retired - Deceased. I've entered the formula in a drop down
list, but the formula does not change with the rows, so I end up with a fixed
age value.

Is it possible to make it variable, depending on the row (person)??