Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
ShaneDevenshire ShaneDevenshire is offline

Default Dynamic drop-down menus with PivotCharts

Hi,

I am sending a file with an example. Note the range names and the data
validations in columns A and B.
--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Lisa" wrote:

Josip,
Did you get this figured out? I'm trying to do the same thing with 5
drop-downs connected to one another. Any advice or examples would be helpful.

Thanks,
Lisa

" wrote:

Hi!

The data I have can be categorized for example in two categories;
category X and Y (+ time)
The problem however is that I would like to have some kind of dynamic
drop-down menu for my second option (category Y) which changes based
on the choice of X.

The problem is that right now, I have 20 X items, but let's say 1000 Y
items, so to go through the whole list of 1000 is a bit tedious when
making selections. So I was thinking, that a much more elegant
solution would be to have the content of the Y menu change based on my
choice of X, thus narrowing the list to about 50 (if the Y's are
evenly distributed/connected to the different X's)

To me it sounds like a simple piece of code, but can it be done?
Examples?

BR,
Josip