Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DebbieV[_2_] DebbieV[_2_] is offline

Default Names in Drop Down List

Hi
I have 2 worksheets in a file. Sheet 1 has personal details of
clients & Sheet 2 has details of training that they have taken up.

When completing sheet 2 I have created a drop down validation
referring to the surnames on the Sheet 1 and when selected it brings
across the firstname into the next column. What is happening is that
where there are more than 1 person with the same surname there is only
one entry for the surname and that is the first one entered.

Is there a way to format the validation that will allow for all the
entries to appear? And...is there a way to create a drop down list
that takes in 2 cols. eg if I was to havel both the first & surnames
appear in the list. I would like to keep the breakdown in the names
for when doing mail merg.

thanks
Debbie