Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.setup,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions,microsoft.public.excel
Spiky Spiky is offline

Default Excel 2003 unites csv file row contents in a column A withsquares

On Aug 19, 3:29 am, Dima wrote:
Hello!
I exported a Windows Address book to a csv file in Windows Vista. Excel 2007
opens the file correctly, but Excel 2003 unites row contents in a column A
with squares betweel fields.
How to open the csv file in Excel 2003 correctly?
Regards,
Dmitry

It sounds like a font incompatibility. The squares often show up when
you try to use a symbol from one font in a different font that doesn't
have that symbol. So it just defaults to a square. And then I would
guess Excel 2003 isn't recognizing that symbol for doing a delimited
import from csv.

It works properly for me, with Outlook 2003 and Excel 2003. Perhaps
going from a 2007 address book to 2003 is a problem?