Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gordon[_6_] Gordon[_6_] is offline

Default x = 1

"Bryan De-Lara" wrote in message
Hi all, I am fairly new to excel. I want to put x's into a column and make
each x = 1 then do a count further down. Then in the next column put an x
to = 2 then do another count and so on in more columns increasing the
value of x. I cannot seem to get anything to work. I've tried to put into
a cell x=1 and so on but it doesn't work. Any help would be appreciated.

Bryan.

I'm a bit confused as to what you want to do. (And why?)
In Excel (as with all spreadsheet applications), a cell can either be text,
as in "x" or a number, as in "1".