Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JLatham JLatham is offline

Default Problem after reinstalling Office 2007 with XP SP3

Trust me, I'm as glad as you that things are working well and properly now.
Thanks for letting us know it got well for you.

What can we say except perhaps "Microsoft works in mysterious ways" Or
maybe at times it should be "It's a mystery Microsoft works"?? :)

You will want to keep an eye and ear out for future Service Packs for Office
2007 - I think it still has a ways to go before it becomes the stable product
that 2003 is. The move to 2007 was a big one and left room for a lot of
uglies to sneak in.

"RRUFAST" wrote:

Oddly enough, I downloaded the Office 2007 SP1 file.. once it downloaded, I
began to install and it advised that it was already installed on this machine.

I opened Excel.. and low and behold, I now have access to the margins,
orientation, size, breaks and print titles where I did not have access to
them before.

Odd. Just odd. Anywho, it seems to work now, so I'm happy.. :)

"JLatham" wrote:

Good luck with it. You should have SP1 for Office 2007 available to you if
you have not installed it yet.

"RRUFAST" wrote:

Thanks for keeping me in mind. I'm not sure what is goin on. I guess I need
to play around with Word and Powerpoint as well to make sure all features are
accessible in those programs as well.

One thing that comes to mind.. when I originally updated to 2007 Pro over a
year ago... I remember having some add ons or updates done to Office as soon
as I installed. I searched for updates and found nothing and I added a few
of the add ons that prompted... but I don't think that has anything to do
with it as the inaccessibility was there prior to the add ons.. (If that
makes sense)

I will Google more when i get home from work tonight.

Thanks for your help!