Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sandy Mann Sandy Mann is offline

Default Formula for Changing low number of "-"

Would a Custom format of

[<0.05]"-";General

in the potentially affected cells do what you want?

This will not change what held in the cell, it will still have the same
value.

If it is the result of a calculation - say A1*B1 - then use:

=IF(A1*B1<0.05,0,A1*B1)

and format as accounting to get a true zero in the cell.

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Janet" wrote in message
Folks
One of my users would like to know if its possible to automatically have
numbers lower than 0.049 be changed so the cell displays a dash " - "
instead. I've tried using autocorrect, but that will only change a
specific
number and not every number below 0.049.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

--
Janet