Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sarah (OGI) Sarah (OGI) is offline

Default Niggly issues with Excel 2003

I have recently upgraded to Excel 2003.

When I try to enter a formula, using the new 'fx' button (which appears to
replace the = symbol, but seems to do the same thing), it opens up an 'Insert
Function' dialog box - is there any way of turning this off, so it doesn't
appear everytime? Obviously, just typing '=' manually and then selecting the
function on the left overrides the Insert Function dialog, but just wondering
if there was another way around it.

Also, on pressing OK from the Insert Function dialog, the Function Arguments
dialog appears for the selected function - is there any way of seeing this
without the animation? - it seems to jump out of the screen and then
on/cancel it jumps away again - can it not just appear and disappear as it
did before?

I'm probably just being picky and no doubt I'll get used to it.

Thanks in advance