Duke Carey

Highlight all the numbers, then use FormatCells from the menu. Select the
Number tab. In the left column, choose Custom, and in the right column
select the "0"

Click on OK

"Carol" wrote in message
Does anyone know if there is a way to globally change the
format of a number that displays as a scientific number?

For example, I have a column of numbers that are being
displayed like "0348489+E", etc... If I change the
format to text, it still doesn't help. I have tried the
apostrophe before the number and it does seem to change
it to the number that I need it to be, however, I have
about 10,000 numbers that I need to put the apostrophe in
front of and can't possibly do it to each one
individually.

Is there any way to do this to all of the numbers at
once?

Thanks for the help.