Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Browny Browny is offline

Default Comparing cells

Thanks Alderran
I agree with the data base. However it's a company spreadsheet. Too much
data to change now.
i have many invoices from the same companies but i want to verify they only
use the 1 invoice number. Can you help?
--
Browny

"alderran" wrote:

You should put this data into an Acess database. You could make the company
name and the invoice number a key and allow no duplicates. Spreadsheets are
definitely not good databases.

"Browny" wrote:

I have 'company name' in A1:A100 & 'invoice number' in C1:100 and ongoing.
I wish to highlite (conditional format) the company name & invoice number if
they have been duplicated. I almost paid someone twice.

Many thanks

Browny