Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Barb Reinhardt Barb Reinhardt is offline

Default help with formula

For the first. I'm assuming that A1 is an integer here. If not, the
formula will need to change

=IF(MOD(A1,2)=1,A1-1,A1)

Have you defined what you want for the ranges
Say 1 to 1 1/2 is aa
1 1/2 to 2 is bb
2 to 2 1/2 is cc

If so, I'm thinking that VLOOKUP or LOOKUP will be helpful to you. Do a
search on them and see if they would work.
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

"so confused" wrote:

I need a formula for excel that will round down an odd number in a cell to
the next even number.

I also need a formula example: if a number cell is =a number range (say, 1
to 1-1/2), the new cell should contain a message (such as:"A", "B", "BBC",
etc)
--
confused