Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Seth Seth is offline

Default Formula needed

Mike,
That didn't work the batch numbers in column R are different. There maybe
any where from 1 to 20 amounts that have the same batch number on about 500
rows. Is there a way of doing the formula in a new column to show the total
for each batch number?

"Mike H" wrote:

Try this

=SUMPRODUCT((R1:R20=Q1)*(T1:T20))

Where Q1 is the batch number you want the sum of.

Mike

"Seth" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with about 20 columns in it. I want to take the dollar
amounts of column T that have the same batch number in Column R and make a
sum of the numbers in Column T that have the same batch number in Column R.
Does anyone have any idea how I can do this?