Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
smartin smartin is offline

Default Deleting entire row if cell contains "value" - how to reviewevery time?

V wrote:
Hi~

I found this great macro which works perfectly on my dataset to delete
the entire row if a cell value in column A contains a certain word.

What I would like is to add a code which lets me review and hit accept/
decline every time it cycles through. What kind of code would I add to
it?

Thanks!

[untested]

' *** delete if a cell contains "xxx" ***

Sub DeleteRelay()
Dim c As Range
With Activesheet.Range("A:A")
Do
Set c = .Find("xxx", LookIn:=xlValues, lookat:=xlPart, _
MatchCase:=False)
If c Is Nothing Then Exit Do
if msgbox("delete?", vbYesNo) = vbYes then
c.EntireRow.Delete
end if
Loop
End With