Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
pshepard pshepard is offline

Default Eliminating Values from a worksheet

Hi Terry,

Assuming that values being evaluated are in column A, enter the following in
an empty column:

=IF(COUNTIF(A:A,-A1)=0,"",IF(COUNTIF(A:A,-A1)=COUNTIF(A:A,A1),"Sums to
Zero",""))

Hope this helps.
Peggy

"Terry" wrote:

In fact I do not even need to eliminate the values, rather just identify
which ones will sum to zero with their equal but opposite counterpart.

"Terry" wrote:

Hello I am hoping someone online here can help me with my delima.

I have a huge worksheet of values in US dollars, and these values are both
positive and negitive. I would like to know if their is a way to eliminate
the lines which cancel each other out. Bascially I am trying to sum the
values but eliminate the values which cancel each other out.

For example line 10 is $100
line 200 is -$100

Is there some type of function i can use to eliminate all values which sum
to 0 ?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice offered

Cheers,

Terry