Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
marcia2026 marcia2026 is offline

Default referring to a total in a cell that varies each month

Thanks Bunches!!! You guys are great. Couldn't do it without cha.

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Just change the B:B to include your sheet name and range so if you want the
last numerical value in Sheet1 column A use

=LOOKUP(1E100,'Sheet1'!A:A)

the first reference is a large number to make sure it will find the last
numerical value. It takes advantage of an old bug in Excel.

Peo Sjoblom

"marcia2026" wrote in message
What is the first reference within the formula? ALso, the outstanding
checks
are on one worksheet and yes the total will be the last numeric value in
the
column. The place that I want the reference to go is on another
worksheet.

"T. Valko" wrote:

So, is this total cell the *last* numeric value in the column? If so, try
this:

With the total cell somewhere in column B:

=LOOKUP(1E100,B:B)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"marcia2026" wrote in message
I have one worksheet which lists all of my cancelled checks with a total
at
the end. I want to referrence that total on the Reconcilation
worksheet.
How do I reference a cell if that cell address changes each month?

marcia