Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Next time sheet is touched, remove items from cells?

Sheet event code to clear F5 if any cell other than F5 is changed.

If Target.Address < "$F$5" Then
On Error GoTo endit
Application.EnableEvents = False
Me.Range("F5").Value = ""
End If
endit:
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 09:59:02 -0700, Don
wrote:

I had this before and did not get any takers. I think the chalenge is more
getting to do it once and not to check each time?

Not sure how to do this, but I have a sheet that I have a macro export data
and update a field to say processed in cell F5. I want to know if there is a
way to remove that if someone does anything to the sheet like update a
description or update numbers.

This is more a control thing so I know that the file will match the export
and if someone updates something on the sheet, then the word "processed" in
cell F5 will be gone.

thanks in advance